Jun 19, 2012

TOYCON 2012

Last Saturday, instead of having dinner, brother and I ended up in ToyCon. Our priorities are ace.



Chubchubs.

This guy was the first to welcome us.
He deserves all the awards.

Hit the jump for more pictures and words.

If I could bring this little fella to life, I would have him as my butler and best friend.

Even at a young age, Batman already possessed the will (and money) to become all that he dreamed to be - a cosplayer.

Nyan Cat! Too bad you can't see his rainbow trail.

Brother and I spotted these shirts.THEY LIGHT UP.
THERE'S AN IRON MAN VERSION.
Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-na-na!

Finn's hat! Brother wanted to buy one. Too bad they ran out of stock.

This guy was quick to pose as soon as I took my camera out.

They wanted another picture with the puppet mascot (Harakukilama III or Pandy the Panda) photobombing the scene.

This girl was this close to getting me to buy one of their hoodies. The only thing that kept me from buying was my moth-filled wallet. Want to have your very own Authority Hoodie hoodie? Click here for their Facebook page.

Yep. Manny's torso was in ToyCon.





Obama-approved.

Spot the nip-slip.
The girl selling these caught me giggling. 


Some Toy Story Cosbabies to break the badass streak.

Back to the badassery.




They didn't have this in my size. *heavy sigh*

Hulk bid us farewell as we left the convention.

There were a lot of things that caught my eye, but I'm more than happy with what I left the convention with

I got my own copy of Zombadings ♥


And then there's this guy

Only the future owner and I will know how this purple fella looks like. Only evil-doers and those who steal candy from babies will know his wrath. Look at them killer eyes. And killer eyebrows. Seriously though, you could totally kill someone with those. They look so angular, so sharp and... merciless!



The great thing about toys is that, no matter how old you get, they will always be there to remind you of your childhood, of how you once dreamt of becoming a superhero and defeating all the evil-doers to make the world a better place, of how anything was possible in your world if you imagined and thought about it enough -  everything seemed possible and within your reach. There's a certain hope that's tied to childish behavior and imagination. Growing up, one of the worst things that you could allow to happen is losing sight of what your childhood taught you. Going to ToyCon was unexpected (much like last year's visit), but I definitely needed it. I'm not a fan of huge crowds and crowded places, but the experience was worth it. Somehow, being surrounded by all those colorfully painted figures and enthusiastically-dressed cosplayers brought me back to a state I thought I lost when I turned 20.

I can't wait for next year's ToyCon!

No comments:

Post a Comment